The Two Most Delicious Vegetarian Recipes
Make the most out of summer’s bounty by going vegetarian for some meals. After all, vegetables are fresher, juicier, firmer and tastier during this season of sun. Summer also brings such a variety of vegetables that it is a waste to let them just pass you by. Here’s a pair of vegetarian recipes that have been rated by the general public as the tastiest two.
Curried Tofu Scramble with Spinach
Tofu tastes delicious when sufficiently herbed and seasoned with curry and olive oil. A bunch of fresh spinach added in last blends well for a very healthy summer dish.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 container tofu (firm or extra-firm), pressed and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until onions are limp and translucent.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the spinach. Cook while stirring frequently for another 5 minutes or until tofu is cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and cook while stirring for 2 more minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
Black Bean Vegetarian Chili
This vegetable dish has an interesting blend of many flavors—the sweetness of carrots and sweet potatoes, the saltiness of black beans and the spiciness of many herbs. This can easily become your favorite summer vegetable dish.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onions until soft. Add in sweet potatoes, bell pepper and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine well, partially cover and simmer for about 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
My Shopping List
There are no item in your list yet.
My Top Items
No items from favorite stores currently available.